Christmas has arrived a little early here, but I worked out if I didn't get the Christmas decorations up this weekend it probably wouldn't happen this year...
Afternoon Tea Apple Aubergines Autumn Bacon Banana Beach Beans Beef Berries Beverage Birthday Biscuits Black Forest BRADFORD Brazil Breakfast Brunch Butternut Squash Cabbage Cake Cards Carnation Caramel Carrots Castle Cauliflower Cheese Chemical-free Chicken Chillies Chinese Chocolate Chorizo Christians Against Poverty Christmas Chutney Cinnamon Colours Cookies Coriander Craft Cream CREATIVE CORNER Cross Stitch Crumble Cupcakes Curry Day Trip Dessert Egg Egypt ESSENCIA Essential Oil Flowers FOODY FRIDAY Friendship Vignettes Fruit Garden Germany Gift Ginger Gingerbread Green Ham Harvest Healthy Helicopter Herbs Hobbit Hobbiton Holidays Honey House Icing Isles of Scilly Italian Lakes Lavender Leaves Leek Lemon Lentils Lord of the Rings Mains Malawi Meringue Mexican Mushroom Nappy Natural Nature New Zealand Nuts Old adventures Orange Pasta Pastry Pearl Barley Peas Peppers Photos Pie Pizza Pork Potato Present Recipes Rice Roast Salad Sausages Savoury Sea Sewing Machine Side dish Slow Cooker Smoothie Snack Soup Spices Spinach Spring Stew Strawberries Summer Sweet Sweet Potato Take Away Alternative Tea Tomato Tortillas Travels Vegan Vegetables Vegetarian Vegetarian option Victoria sponge cake Wales Woodland XStitch Yorkshire Zoo
Saturday, 28 November 2015
Friday, 27 November 2015
I was planning on cooking sausage and mash for my family tonight but wanted to make it with a difference, so we had sausage, homemade potato wedges and vegetable mash with onion gravy. It was delicious.
5 medium carrots, peeled & sliced
3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled & chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp ground cumin
- Place the carrots, sweet potatoes and garlic cloves into a pan of water and bring to the boil.
- Simmer until the vegetables are nice and tender (easy to mash).
- Drain the vegetables and add the cumin, butter and other seasoning if required and mash.
Serve as an alternative vegetable side dish to many amazing meals or as I did an alternative to sausage and mash!
Friday, 20 November 2015
1 onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded and cubed
1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
1 tsp turmeric
800ml vegetable stock (I made with 2 vegetable OXO cubes)
- Heat the oil slightly in a large pan, adding the onions and garlic to gently saute until soft.
- Add the butternut squash, sweet potato and turmeric heating for another few minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until the vegetables cubes are tender.
- Allow to cool a little to puree in a blender, before re-heating slightly to serve.
Serve with some fresh bread and butter, will warm up any winters day.
Friday, 13 November 2015
2 slices of bacon, chopped into fine strips
450g sprouts, halved
2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
half a chicken OXO cube, dissolved in 120ml of boiling water
- Pan fry the bacon on a medium-low heat, until crispy.
- Remove the bacon from the pan with a slotted spoon.
- Add the sprouts to the pan and saute for a few minutes, until browning.
- Add the garlic and continue to saute for a few more minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and cover for 5 minutes. Uncover and continue to simmer for another 5 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the crispy bacon and season as necessary.
Serve as a vegetable side dish alongside a roast or other meal.
Essencia is Portuguese for essence & means: Nature Soul Being Lifeblood For some time, I've been on a journey t...
Ingredients: Popcorn 1 tbsp olive oil 3-4 drops of Young Living Lemon essential oil (can also use lime or orange) 1 tsp runny h...
Ingredients: 600-700g carrots, peeled & sliced 1 onion, finely chopped Olive oil Bunch of fresh coriander 1 large potato, chop...
Ingredients: Marinade: 125ml natural yoghurt 2 tbsp ginger purée 1-2 tbsp garlic purée 1 tsp garam masala 2 tbsp le...
A dish that is great to go with a BBQ or as part of a fork buffet. Ingredients: 2kg new potatoes 2 red onions, sliced thinly bunch...