Advent AdvenTea Afternoon Tea Andy Murray Animals Apple Aubergines Australia Autumn Bacon Bag End Banana Beach Beans Beef Bees Berries Beverage Bikes Birds Birthday Biscuits Black Forest Blackpool Blueberries Boat BRADFORD Brazil Breakfast Brunch Bus Butternut Squash Cabbage Cake Canal Cards Carnation Caramel Carrots Castle Cats Cauliflower Cereal Cheese Chicken Chillies Chinese Chocolate Chorizo Christians Against Poverty Christmas Church Chutney Cider Cinnamon Coaster Colours Community Competition Concert Cookies Coriander Couscous Craft Cream CREATIVE CORNER Cross Stitch Crumble Cupcakes Curry Cycling Day Trip Decorating Dessert Doctor Who dog Dusky Egg Egypt Elephants Elton John Engagement Fife Fish Flapjack Flowers FOODY FRIDAY Friendship Vignettes Fruit Fudge Fulneck Gammon Garden Germany Gift Ginger Gingerbread Graze Green Halloween Ham Hands Harvest Healthy Helicopter Herbs History Hobbit Hobbiton Holidays Honey Horizon House Icing Isles of Scilly Italian Kiwi Koala Lakes Lamb Lavender Le Tour de France Leaves Leek Lego Lemon Lemonade Lentils Light meal Lily Lions Living room Lord of the Rings Mains Malawi Mango Maps Market Marmalade Marrow Meatballs Memories Meringue Mexican Monkeys Moroccan Moss Moving House Mug Mushroom Nappy Narnia Natural Nature New Year New Zealand Nuts Oil Oilcloth Old adventures Omelette Orange Otley Painting Pancakes Party Pasta Pastry Peanut Butter Pearl Barley Pears Peas Peppers Pesto Photos Picnic Pie Pimm's Pizza Pork Porridge Potato Present Purple R2D2 Rabbit Random Raspberries Recipes Rice River Roast Salad Salvador Sausages Scarborough Scones Scotland Sea Seeds Sewing Machine Shopping Side dish Skiing Skipton Slow Cooker Smoothie Snack Snow Snowman Soup Souvenirs Space Spices Spinach Spring Spring Greens Sprouts Stained Glass Star Wars Stew Stir Fry Strawberries Summer Sunset Sweet Sweet Potato Take Away Alternative Tart Tea Tennis Thai The Body Shop Thoughts Thyme Titisee Toffee Tomato Tong Tortillas Travels Turkey Vegan Vegetables Vegetarian option Victoria sponge cake Volcanic Wales Walk Warhammer Wedding Wimbledon Windsor Woodland XStitch Yorkshire Zoo
Monday, 18 July 2016
Monday, 13 June 2016
A great friend is having a baby girl soon. She already has two little boys and is quite excited to be having a little girl, so I had to make her something special...
...the flowers are all made from useful baby items, mainly nappies, but there are socks, baby mitts, muslin cloths...
...and the base is also filled with baby bits - cotton wool balls, more nappies & a little pouch I made to put nappies & baby wipes in for your nappy bag.
For a first attempt I'm pleased with the result.
Friday, 27 May 2016
250g ready made puff pastry
3 large or 4 medium chicken breasts
200ml chicken stock
3 leeks, sliced
200g button mushroom, halved
2 medium carrots, chopped finely
5 tbsp flour
1 tbsp thyme
Handful of grated cheese
A little egg or milk for glazing
- Chop chicken into roughly inch squares.
- In a bowl mix together 3 tbsps of flour & the thyme.
- Coat the chicken in the flour mix.
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan until hot & add the pancetta & flour coated chicken chunks. Stir continuously until the chicken chunks are beginning to brown.
- Add the leeks, carrots & mushrooms & a little more oil, continue to stir until the leeks are soft.
- Mix the chicken stock with the leftover flour from coating the chicken & then add to the pan. Allow to continue to simmer for a few minutes.
- In another pan on a low heat melt the butter and once melted remove from heat to add 2 tbsps of flour, mix to a thick paste.
- Place back on the heat & add the milk a little at a time, whilst whisking to ensure the paste is completely combined with the milk. Gradually the sauce will begin to thicken, but keep stirring until it's the desired consistency.
- Place the chicken & bacon mix into the bottom of a pie dish, sprinkle over the cheese & pour over the white sauce, gently mix together slightly & allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Roll out the pastry to the desired shape, size & thickness for your pie dish.
- With the milk or egg for glazing brush around the edge of your pie dish & the place the pastry over the filling, crimping the edges of the pastry to the pie dish edge to seal. Make a hole in the middle of the pastry with a knife.
- Glaze the pastry case with the milk or egg & place in the oven for 30-40 mins or until golden brown & bubbling.
Enjoy with some greens and boiled new potatoes.
Friday, 20 May 2016
5 chicken thighs
2 medium aubergines
2 chicken oxo cubes in 500ml boiling water
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tbsp ginger
1 tbsp cumin
2 tbsps flour
- Chop aubergines into 1-2 inch chunks & place in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Next place the chopped onions, carrots, sultanas & apricots on top of the aubergines.
- In a bowl or jug mix the OXO cubes with the boiling water & add the spices & flour, mixing well.
- Place the chicken thighs on top of the vegetables & fruit but push them into the vegetable mix and pour over everything the stock & spice mix.
- Place on low in a slow cooker for 6-8 hrs or on high for 3-4 hrs.
- Serve with rice or couscous.
Wednesday, 11 May 2016
Ok, so I don't think I ever expected my life to be quite this fun when I became a parent, but this is what I've spent today doing...
...making Clangers craft with what bits I could find in the house.
|Clanger with the Hoot Planet & Little Hoot|
It's safe to say I have a Clanger's & especially Little Hoot mad toddler at home
My Goddaughter is Spiderman mad, so for her 4th birthday I made her this bag...
Today was our very exciting trip!!! The weather could not have been better for us, the wind was not too strong and the sea and skies true bl...
This weeks FOODY FRIDAY has a short story attached to it... If you know us or have read all of my blog you will remember that last sum...
Ingredients: 5 chicken thighs 2 medium aubergines 2 onions 4 carrots 75g sultanas 75g apricots 2 chicken oxo cubes in 5...
There were quite a few things we wanted to see and do here in Taupo so we didn't travel far. We had quite wanted to do some kayaking b...