I went to the park on one of the few dry days we had last week and was surprised to see Spring flowers springing up!
Advent AdvenTea Afternoon Tea Andy Murray Animals Apple Aubergines Australia Autumn Bacon Bag End Banana Beach Beans Beef Bees Berries Beverage Bikes Birds Birthday Biscuits Black Forest Blackpool Blueberries Boat BRADFORD Brazil Breakfast Brunch Bus Butternut Squash Cabbage Cake Canal Cards Carnation Caramel Carrots Castle Cats Cauliflower Cereal Cheese Chicken Chickpeas Chillies Chinese Chocolate Chorizo Christians Against Poverty Christmas Church Chutney Cider Cinnamon Coaster Colours Community Competition Concert Cookies Coriander Couscous Craft Cream CREATIVE CORNER Cross Stitch Crumble Cupcakes Curry Cycling Day Trip Decorating Dessert Doctor Who dog Dusky Egg Egypt Elephants Elton John Engagement Falafel Fife Fish Flapjack Flowers FOODY FRIDAY Friendship Vignettes Fruit Fudge Fulneck Gammon Garden Germany Gift Ginger Gingerbread Graze Green Halloween Ham Hands Harvest Healthy Helicopter Herbs History Hobbit Hobbiton Holidays Honey Horizon House Icing Indian Isles of Scilly Italian Kiwi Koala Lakes Lamb Lavender Le Tour de France Leaves Leek Lego Lemon Lemonade Lentils Light meal Lily Lions Living room Lord of the Rings Mains Malawi Mango Maps Market Marmalade Marrow Meatballs Memories Meringue Mexican Monkeys Moroccan Moss Moving House Mug Mushroom Nappy Narnia Natural Nature New Year New Zealand Nuts Oil Oilcloth Old adventures Omelette Orange Otley Owl Pacman Painting Pancakes Paneer Party Pasta Pastry Peanut Butter Pearl Barley Pears Peas Peppers Pesto Photos Picnic Pie Pimm's Pizza Pork Porridge Potato Present Purple R2D2 Rabbit Random Raspberries Recipes Rice River Roast Rosemary Salad Salvador Sausages Scarborough Scones Scotland Sea Seeds Sewing Machine Shopping Side dish Skiing Skipton Slow Cooker Smoothie Snack Snow Snowman Soup Souvenirs Space Spices Spinach Spring Spring Greens Sprouts Stained Glass Star Wars Stew Stir Fry Strawberries Summer Sunset Sweet Sweet Potato Take Away Alternative Tart Tea Tennis Thai The Body Shop Thoughts Thyme Titisee Toffee Tomato Tong Tortillas Travels Turkey Vegan Vegetables Vegetarian option Victoria sponge cake Volcanic Wales Walk Warhammer Wedding Wimbledon Windsor Woodland XStitch Yorkshire Zoo
Monday, 28 December 2015
Wednesday, 23 December 2015
Not done as much Christmas crafting as I would like this year but I did make a gingerbread house, it is becoming tradition to attempt to make one every year with my other half but this year's has to be the most successful yet - thanks to Lidl for the kit!
|...when Santa got stuck up the chimney...|
It looks so good and it took ages to make that it now seems a shame to eat it :)
Friday, 18 December 2015
With all the spices this is great for an alternative Christmas meat on Christmas day.
1.2kg gammon joint
Approx 30 whole cloves
500ml bottle of cider
100g soft dark brown sugar
100ml maple syrup
2 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp ground nutmeg
2 tsp ground ginger
1 orange, quartered
- Pierce small holes on the surface of the joint with a skewer or sharp knife and insert the whole cloves into the holes. Try to spread them out evenly.
- Pour the cider over the joint in the slow cooker.
- Press the sugar into the surface of the gammon joint around the cloves.
- Gently pour the maple syrup over the meat, so as not to wash off too much sugar.
- Place the spices (cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger) into the cider.
- Squeeze the juice from the quartered orange over the meat and place the remnants of the orange skin into the cider as well.
- Slow cook for 4-5 hrs on high for the first hour then on low for the rest.erve with roast potatoes and vegetables for a lovely Sunday roast.
Serve with roast potatoes and vegetables for a lovely Sunday roast.
Wednesday, 16 December 2015
For my birthday I had a pottery painting party with some of my girlies, we had lots of fun painting different things, Christmas decorations, cups, plates etc
I decided to paint a cake stand as I love baking and did not have one previously.
There is also a spotty base which I forgot to photograph.
Friday, 11 December 2015
250g ready to roll puff pastry
500g chicken pieces
salt and pepper
1 medium onion
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 bay leaf
1 tsp thyme
100ml single cream
1 tbsp flour
1 tsp mustard
300ml chicken stock
milk to glaze
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Melt the butter on a gentle heat and add the chicken, season with salt and pepper as necessary and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the onions, nutmeg, bay leaf and thyme and continue to fry until the onions are beginning to soften.
- Then add the mushrooms and continue to fry until they are softening.
- Add the cream and flour mixing together well, add the mustard and chicken stock.
- Mix well and turn to a low heat to simmer gently for about 5 minutes.
- Place into a pie dish and top with pastry and glaze with milk.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until the pastry is nicely golden brown.
Serve with roast potatoes or mash potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
Friday, 4 December 2015
My toddler loves snowmen, so these were on the list for things to make this festive season...
I think this last one looks quite like the snowman from The Snowman film and book
I love them all, they're all different, unique & cute!!!
1 large onion, sliced
a selection of root veg, ie swede, carrots, parsnips, sweet potatoes, turnips etc
2 tbsps honey
an orange, zest and juice
- Preheat oven to 190C or Gas Mark 6.
- Peel and chop the root veg into inch squared chunks.
- Mix chopped vegetables and onion into olive oil.
- Place in roasting tin with the sausages and roast for 10-15 mins.
- Mix together the honey, orange zest and juice.
- Turn over the vegetables and sausages in the roasting tin and drizzle over the honey and orange mix.
- Return to the oven for another 20-30 minutes until the veg is soft and sausages are cooked through.
Serve with some delicious creamy mashed potato as a Sunday roast alternative.
Ingredients: Filling: 1 leek, sliced 2 carrots, chopped 150g mushrooms, chopped 1 clove of garlic, crushed 3 tbsp dried sag...
Ingredients: 2x 400g tins of chickpeas 2x small or 1x large red onion, finely chopped 2 garlic cloves, crushed 2 tsp cumin 2 t...
Ingredients: Filling: 2 small or 1 large onion, chopped finely 2 garlic cloves, crushed 150g mushrooms, quartered 2 large carr...
Ingredients: 6 vegetarian sausages (I used Linda McCartney's) 2 oranges 1 red onion, chopped into chunks 1/2 a swede, peele...
Ingredients: 8/9 medium jacket potatoes, pre-cooked & cooled 1 large leek, sliced several large Savoy cabbage leaves,...