Wednesday 27 November 2013

Old Adventures . . . walking the plank to Samson

I love the Isles of Scilly, it has to be one of my favourite places in the British Isles. One particular great memory was our trip to Samson on our honeymoon in 2011. It was the first time I had visited the inhabited island of Samson, although I have visited most of the other islands multiple times previously. It was a beautiful island but on arrival you have to walk the plank to get onto dry land.

Walking the plank to Samson

My husband decided to jump off the plank when he got to the beach and flung the plank into the water, but what he was unaware of was that there was a lady just stepping onto the plank at the other end and she was almost flung off the boat as well....ooops!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Translate