2 onions, finely chopped
2 large carrots, sliced
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 tin of baked beans
1 tin of kidney beans, drained
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 tbsp mixed herbs
1 handful of grated cheese
1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place the sliced potatoes in a pan of boiling water & simmer for 5 minutes to allow the potatoes to soften.
- Heat the oil gently in a pan & fry the onion softly, until soft.
- Add the carrots to the pan & fry for a few minutes.
- Add the tins of tomatoes, baked beans, kidney beans, tomato puree and mixed herbs to the pan with the onion and carrot.
- Heat the pan until the mixture is simmering, allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Place into the bottom of an oven proof dish and arrange the sliced potatoes on top.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top of the potatoes.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes until the cheese and potatoes on top are golden brown.