We're trying to reduce our sugar intake slightly so thought I'd try and make some savoury things to replace all the biscuits & chocolate we seem to eat. These are delicious and the raisins adds a little natural sweetness.
Ingredients:250g plain flour
3 1/2 tsps baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
120g grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Place flour, baking powder, salt and paprika in a bowl & mix together.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and using your finger tips rub the flour into the butter.
- Beat the egg and add the milk mixing together well.
- Add the milk-egg mix to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Add the grated cheese and raisins and mix well.
- Place into cupcake cases or a muffin tin.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins.
Serve with soup or a stew.
Cut in half and spread some soft cheese on them.