1 leek, sliced
2 carrots, chopped
150g mushrooms, chopped
1 clove of garlic, crushed
3 tbsp dried sage (or 3 fresh leaves if available)
3 tbsp dried thyme (or 3 sprigs of fresh thyme leaves only if available)
250g dried green lentils
750ml vegetable stock (made with 1 vegetable OXO cube)
400g tin of chopped tomatoes
200ml red wine
1 tbsp (vegetarian) Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
tbsp olive oil
2 large sweet potatoes
2 large potatoes
1 small/medium cauliflower, heads only
large knob of butter
handful of grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the leeks, until they begin to soften.
- Add carrots, mushrooms and garlic, continuing to cook for 4-5 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add the herbs, lentils, tinned tomatoes, vegetable stock, red wine, soy sauce & Worcestershire sauce and stir together well.
- Bring to the boil and allow to simmer on a low heat for 30-40 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Whilst the filling is simmering, boil the potatoes, sweet potatoes & cauliflower in a pan together for 15 mins until all is soft.
- Drain the vegetables and add the butter to mash until smooth.
- Transfer the filling to an oven proof dish and top with the mashed vegetables. Sprinkle the grated cheese on the top.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.