225g ginger nut biscuits, crushed
125g butter, melted
150g dark chocolate
280ml double cream
2 large tbsps nutella
- Crush biscuits finely. I used my pestle & mortar, which worked really well.
- Melt the butter on a low heat.
- Add the butter to the ginger biscuits and mix well.
- Spoon into a loose bottomed cake tin & press into the base & sides to create a tart base.
- Leave to cool in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Heat double cream til gently simmering, remove from the heat.
- Add the chocolate & butter to the cream, stirring continuously until melted & smooth.
- Whisk in the nutella until smooth.
- Pour into the cooled biscuit & refrigerate for a minimum of 30 mins.
- Before serving slice the bananas & gently press into the surface.
Optional: sprinkle the top with some icing sugar or top with whipped cream.
Serve as a dessert by itself or with some cream or ice cream.