|Healthy Fruity Breakfast Granola|
2 tbsp vegetable oil
125ml maple syrup
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla essence
500g muesli base
200g seed mix (the bag I use is from Lidl & contains 55% sunflower seeds, 40% pumpkin seeds and 5% pine nuts)
100g diced pineapple
100g diced papaya
- Preheat oven to 150C/Gas Mark 2.
- Mix together in a bowl the vegetable oil, maple syrup, honey and vanilla essence.
- Add 300g of the muesli base and the seed mix to the syrupy mix.
- Spread over 2 baking trays and heat in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Add the cranberries to the half baked trays of granola and mix in.
- Heat for a further 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Scrap off into a large bowl and add the rest of the muesli base, papaya and pineapple.
Enjoy with cold milk on a lovely summers morning as a healthy breakfast.