4 rashes of bacon, chopped
6 mushrooms, sliced
1 carrot, chopped finely
1/2 courgette, chopped finely
small handful of frozen peas
large handful of spinach
a splash of milk
black pepper (to taste)
1 handful of grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 180C or Gas Mark 4.
- Fry the bacon in a pan for a few minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and fry until they begin to soften.
- Add the rest of the vegetables with a splash of water, cover the pan and saute for a 5 minutes until the carrots are soft.
- Using a Yorkshire pudding/cupcake tin and add a small drop of oil into each cup on the tray. Place it in the oven for a few minutes until the oil is hot.
- Meanwhile, break 3 eggs into a bowl with the splash of milk & beat together, adding some fresh black pepper.
- Remove the tray from the oven & place a spoonful of the bacon & veg mix into each cup on the tray.
- Place 1-2 tablespoons full of the egg mix over the veg & bacon in each cup on the tray.
- Sprinkle the top of each cup with grated cheese.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Great to serve warm or cold, as part of a buffet or as a full meal with some potatoes or chips or ideal to take on a picnic :)