Wednesday 8 April 2015

Spring has Sprung in the Garden

Daffodils
Violas






















Spring has finally sprung, which is allowing me to get out in the garden. This is the first spring I have lived in a house with a garden, so I am very excited about what we might grow this year. We visited the local garden centre a few weeks ago and I spent lots of my Christmas money on garden equipment including a raised bed, seeds and plants, etc (my husband says I can't go back for a while as I spent too much money!).


Carrots
I have planted:

  • herb seeds - coriander, basil & parsley
  • daffodils along the edge of my lawn
  • blueberry bushes
  • raspberry canes
  • runner bean seeds
  • pea seeds
  • butternut squash seeds
  • spinach seeds
  • a tomato plant
  • carrots
  • violas






My windowsill


Many of the potted seeds are sat on my window sill in the conservatory whilst they germinate and I am really enjoying watching new shoots appear most days with the beautiful warm sunny weather we have been having. I cannot wait to get them planted outside especially if this beautiful weather continues.



Blueberry bush












Previously I have not been so successful at growing plants and keeping them alive so this year is my year to prove myself wrong and harvest bumper crops to feed the family!!!



Tomato 
Daffodil

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Translate