500g ready-made puff pastry
1 pepper, sliced
1 red onion, sliced
2 handful of fresh spinach
fresh thyme, chopped finely
16 cherry tomatoes, halved
225g goats cheese.
225g chorizo, chopped finely (Optional)
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 7 or 220C.
- Slice the pepper and onion.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry the onion, chopped thyme and peppers together.
- When the pepper and onion are soft add the spinach and stir until it has cooked through.
- On a clean, dry work surface sprinkle some plain flour and roll out the pastry until it is approximately 0.5cm thick.
- Cut into rounds approximately 10cm in diameter or squares approximately 10x10cm.
- Place onto a baking sheet and spread the cooked onion, pepper and spinach mix onto each square, leaving about 1cm around the edge.
- Top with the halved cherry tomatoes, goats cheese, chorizo (Optional) and sprinkle with extra thyme, if necesary.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown and the edges of the pastry have all puff up.
Can be served hot or cold, delicious either way.
NB Chorizo can be added for those meatarians amongst you, but for a vegetarian option it is just as tasty without chorizo.