|Chocolate Brownie with Fudge Sauce|
|Melt chocolate & butter|
115g plain chocolate, broken into pieces
300g caster sugar
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla essence
140g plain flour
2 tbsps cocoa powder
4 tbsp butter
225g golden caster sugar
150ml double cream
225g golden syrup
200g plain chocolate, broken into pieces
|Add the flour & cocoa powder|
- Preheat oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4.
- Grease a square cake tin.
- Place the butter and chocolate in a small glass bowl and heat over a pan of boiling water until it is all melted and smooth.
- Allow to cool slightly before stirring in the sugar, salt and vanilla essence.
- Add the eggs one at a time until all mixed together.
- Sieve the flour and cocoa powder into the liquid mix and stir until smooth.
- Pour the mix into the tin.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 mins, to check it is fully cooked stick a skewer in and if it comes out clean it is cooked.
- Divide the brownie into 12 pieces.
- Put butter, sugar, milk, cream and syrup into a pan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and stir for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the chocolate, stir until smooth.
Serve together a brownie with the fudge sauce drizzled over it and some extra double cream....YUMMY!